Aircraft Assembly/Heavy Structures Mech II
Aerotek is seeking Structural Mechanics for a long term open ended contract in Lake Charles, LA Pay Rate: $24.45 per hourOvertime Rate: $36.68 per hourPer Diem: $123 per day, up to 5 days a weekContract Duration: Open ended, 1 year minimum Job Description
- Performs a variety of operations to locate, drill up and assemble major assembly structures such as wings planks and stringers, fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers on large body aircraft preferably B-707 & KC-135.
- Perform structure repairs in accordance with SRM and or engineering repair scheme.
- Aligns parts on jigs using templates and fixtures.
- Performs such minor part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming.
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure.
- 10 years of Depot Level Sheetmetal experience on Aircraft
- Wide body experience is a must
- Must have copies of all certs/licenses, ie; Gen Fam and A&P-preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work any shift, and be prepared to work 5-7 days per week
About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.