Aircraft Inspector- VIP- Indianapolis
Skill: Aircraft InspectorDuration:3+ months, could turn into temp to perm for right candidate Hrs.: 40+Shift: must be flexibleCompensation: please call a recruiter for details at 1-800-743-8988Compensation:please call a recruiter for details at 1-800-743-8988Compensation:please call a recruiter for details at 1-800-743-8988Description:POSITION SUMMARY:
- Responsible for the return to service of all assigned articles to include completion of all work orders and all other required documentation from pre-planning to delivery of the aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct all inspections of airframes, engines, components and modifications utilizing the relevant tools and/or equipment, as applicable, to ensure conformity with specifications and standards as defined in the repair station manuals.
- Accomplish all assigned inspection tasks, including maintenance, avionics, and fabrication inspections, and associated documentation review, while maintaining liaison with maintenance and/or production personnel in order to expedite the maintenance and/or modification operation.
- Use precise measuring and test equipment.
- Audit task cards, non-routines and associated work order package documentation prior to release of aircraft.
- Ensure log book/research is completed. Review all entries and other required documentation which accurately records the maintenance and/or modification performed.
- Complete AD research as necessary.
- Receive paperwork from Maintenance Lead to ensure documentation is completed and ready in conjunction with delivery of the aircraft.
- Review completed documentation of work performed by others, conducts inspections and performs functional tests as needed. Sign off as "Inspected By".
- Compute weight and balance data and revise equipment lists.
- Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
- Ability to obtain SIDA badge, airport badge
- Experience with NDT and/or conformity inspection is preferred
- A&P license required; High School Diploma.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures, Service Bulletins, RSM and applicable FAR Directives and FAA regulations.
- 1 year Inspection or Limited Inspector experience
- 5+ years as an A&P Technician Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, aircraft drawings, wiring diagrams and other engineering documentation.