Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Soundair Aviation Services, located in the town of Snohomish, has multiple openings for full-time Aircraft Maintenance Technicians to repair and overhaul commercial aircraft components. Training is provided. Must have mechanical aptitude and be familiar with tools. Electronics knowledge is also helpful. Commercial airlines ship us component parts from their aircraft such as coffee makers, ovens, faucets, oxygen systems, lavatory components, transparencies, and many more items. Our repair team performs maintenance on these parts and our engineering team designs and improves a variety of parts. The company started in 1985 and has grown and evolved into an experienced team with many long-term employees.We are seeking long-term career minded individuals who are motivated, dependable, hardworking, and eager to learn. There are different opportunities for career advancement. Career steps are set up for technicians to pursue and advance into a specialized technical role or a leadership role. Our values are Safety, Exceptional Service, Continuous Improvement, and Respect. We also like to have fun! Our Culture Club arranges employee and family events throughout the year.Pre-employment and random drugs tests are required as our company is regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration.Summary:The technician is responsible for the maintenance (activities relating to repair and overhaul) of aircraft components; disassemble, inspect, trouble-shoot, and assemble components in accordance to manufacture specifications. Assure that customer orders are completed within company standards and procedures by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Has responsibility to assure that work is performed in accordance with the operations policy and procedure, including daily verification that all aircraft related material in area is properly identified, maintained, preserved, and segregated.
- For production under the technicians' control, assures that all work records and statements of work are performed in accordance with the specifications, and that all interim quality inspections are performed.
- Ensure that the data being used to perform maintenance and alteration tasks is current per the repair station requirements.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record.
- Properly maintain personal training records.
- Is directly responsible to assure at the conclusion of the shift that all work areas are clean, orderly, and customer owned material requirements have been followed.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition. Perform other routine shop maintenance as required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Basic electrical knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical writing.
- Team oriented, must have ability to work cohesively with others.
- Flexible and willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Dependable with good attendance and ability to work over-time as needed.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate; proficient in business computer system.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); prefer some related college courses, certificate, or associate degree; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Mathematical Skills: Ability to add subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. hile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the warehouse work environment is usually moderate. Appropriate safety equipment will be provided.