Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) job duties may vary from preventive maintenance to repairs. A technician makes routine inspections, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance on our fleet of Embraer-145s. Job duties may also vary based on which part of the plane is being worked on such as the exterior of the plane, engine, landing gear, brakes and pumps.
* FAA airframe and powerplant licenses
* 18 years old or older
* Successfully complete a background check, FBI fingerprint check, and a drug screening
* No DUI#8217;s in the past five years
* Excellent communication skills
* Previous background and/or experience in mechanical operations or endeavors
* Warehouse environment, airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
* Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Moderate physical activity, stooping, bending, kneeling. Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly, up to 100+ pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools.
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators #8211; Major Opportunities