Aircraft Mechanic II - B-2 LO
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have an opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic II to support our Contractor Field Team at MCAS Miramar, CA. This position will perform organizational and intermediate level Low Observable Maintenance repair of B-2A aircraft LO system.This work will require the ability to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts on a rotating basis. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty
- Navigates through applicable technical orders to research information on materials and required repairs
- Responsible for mixing chemicals in accordance with manufacturers instructions and technical guidelines
- Responsible for the removal and application of all Low observable materials
- Mechanically and hand sand aircraft to technical guidance requirements to achieve conductive tie-in of coatings
- Completes paint applications utilizing infrared primer, topcoats/conductive coatings, rain erosion and anti-static systems
- Applies Iron Filled Elastomer (IFE), gap fillers and fairing materials
- Fabricates aircraft and support equipment tubing and installs hardware
- Fabricates aircraft cables and installs hardware
- Fabricates, repairs, and installs sheet metal to include: skins, sub-structures, and parts
- Performs corrosion control operations on aircraft, support equipment, and sheet metal components
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus successful completion of basic and craftsman level related military or commercial courses (courses in mathematics, algebra, chemistry, physics, mechanical drawing, and metalworking are desirable)
- Airframe and Powerplant license preferred
- Minimum of three years of recent aircraft experience, with a minimum of one year of LO/composite maintenance experience required (three years LO or composite experience is preferred)
- B-2 surface treatment experience highly preferred
- Experience with composite, tile, tailpipe and radar absorbent structure (RAS) experience required
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers and other tolerance measuring equipment
- Qualified candidates will be skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints, engineering dispositions and diagrams
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining a professional and non-confrontational attitude
- Must be able to stand, bend, climb, squat, and sit for extended periods while performing tasks.
- Must be able to lift/pull/tug up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- This position will require a driver's license, U.S. citizenship, and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.