Aircraft Painters - Savannah, GA
STS Technical Services is Hiring Aircraft Painters in Savannah, Georgia!
The Aircraft Painter I prepares the aircraft for paint related operations by performing tasks safely within schedule while meeting quality expectations.
- Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application
- Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting
- Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers
- Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies
- Use personal protective equipment and ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP)
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned
- Comply with Paint shop standard practices
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma/GED
- One (1) year of painting experience
- A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics)
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
- Must be computer literate
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.