To perform all phases of repair, maintenance or modification on aircraft or component parts to include dismantling, repairing, assembling and erection of machinery and mechanical devices and the exchange and replacement of electrical equipment or electrical components.Functions
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repair and modification on aircraft including engines, landing gear, and components and do the necessary inspection / maintenance and replacement of parts in accordance with the Federal Air Regulations (FARs) and the Repair Station and Quality Manual.
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of this Repair Station and Quality Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, advisory circular, manufacturer#8217;s service bulletins and any other required to perform their assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper, current and applicable approved or acceptable data.
- Ensure the work area is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant at all times, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents. Ensure that good housekeeping practices are performed at all times.
- Perform the proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored (including racks by aircraft).
- Perform documentation procedures and sign-offs in accordance with Repair Station Manual and respective task requirements.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and handled by operations personnel for both safety and to reduce breakages, wear and tear. Ensure tooling, GSE and ground equipment is returned to its proper storage area following use.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Maintain close and frequent communication with the Lead Technician, notifying him/her of progress and any road-blocks or threats to task accomplishment that could impact re-delivery.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner.
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.
- Take part in any required training as determined by the company.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Holds a valid and current FAA mechanic certificate with Airframe rating.
- Holds a current driver#8217;s license.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Valid FAA mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Maintenance experience on current aircraft fleet types being maintained or modified by the Repair Station.
- Experience with Corridor computerized maintenance software.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands and works well under pressure.