AP Assembly and Test Technicians
GE Aviation is hiring A&P Licensed Assembly & Test Technicians for their new Lafayette Engine Facility located in Lafayette, Indiana. The Lafayette Engine Facility is a purpose-built final assembly site for the groundbreaking new CFM LEAP engine, powering the latest generation of 737 MAX and A320neo airliners from Boeing and Airbus. With more than 12,000 engines on order, LEAP is the fastest-selling airline engine in history.We are hiring for start dates at the beginning of each quarter through the end of 2019.Lafayette Assembly & Test Technician Job Description:
- Assemble jet engines, including performing various machining and repair operations, using hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Coach, guide, and train other team members and function in a team based environment.
- Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other company/customer specifications.
- Set-up, operate, adjust, and troubleshoot all tools and equipment used in the assembly processes.
- Perform inspections required to assure that the quality plan is achieved.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- FAA Powerplant license required by start date,
- OR current program enrollment to obtain Powerplant certification.
- OR equivalent military experience performing aircraft maintenance & eligible to pursue Powerplant certification.