SUMMARY STATEMENT:Performs inspections and repairs to various systems and components on the aircraft, including engine runs, engine changes, major and minor aircraft repairs, rigging of aircraft and engine components, troubleshooting and correcting pilot/owner discrepancies.Will be required to perform in #8211;flight checks or adjustments to aircraft systems.May be assigned as Job Supervisor to assume responsibility for planning andcompleting inspections or repair work orders.Will be required to perform other assigned duties and assist in the training of less experienced mechanics.Use complete set of mechanic#8217;s hand tools and special tools, such as torque wrenches, volt/ohmmeter, specialty test equipment, and other precision measuring equipment as required.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Other duties as required.Daily attendance is essential for this position.EDUCATION & TRAINING:High school graduate or equivalent.Ability to read blueprints, specifications, technical manuals and test equipment procedures.EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Requires 10 years or more of diversified aircraft and engine maintenance and repairs, or 5 years of directly-related Company experience.
- Airframe and Power Plant license required.
- Exposed to typical aircraft workplace conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable.Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
- Working areas naturally ventilated and mechanically heated when required.
- Work may be performed while exposed to elements of weather.
- Requires lifting of items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires physical effort associated with standing / walking / sitting.
- Requires the ability to crawl to some degree in performance of job duties.
- Requires the ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and / other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of job duties.
- Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required and the ability to push / pull; i.e., open / close file cabinets and / or handle machinery.
- Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Able to properly recognize and distinguish colors.
- Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires sustained periods of concentration.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations without affecting logical decision making.