AP Mechanic-Entry Level
Seeking A&P mechanics for our client's Kinston, NC facility. The aircraft MAC supports for Fedex are ATR-42's and ATR-72's (cargo carriers). Job responsibilities:
- Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft to meet company, FAA and customer standards.
- Ensure that aircraft is airworthy and ready to meet dispatch schedule. This includes:
- Maintain parts inventory in accordance with parts department procedures.
- Insure that all parts are properly tagged and processed for repairs.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Control to ensure that all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure the safeguarding of company assets (e.g. parts, aircraft, etc.)
- Check all mechanical components prior to installation to prevent damage.
- Comply with all airport security rules.
- Ability to operate all required ground support equipment
- A&P license (Ideal but will take individuals with just Airframe License)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions.
- Thorough working knowledge of all current FAA Regulations.
- Thorough working knowledge and use of MM, IPC, SRM and other manufacturers repair and troubleshooting documents.
- Thorough working knowledge of blueprints, work orders and task cards to determine type of configuration and special instructions prior to installation.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft accessories, components and other hardware.
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating hours and materials for completing projects.
- Complete knowledge of aircraft fasteners and applications.
- Complete knowledge of all related skill area machines, equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to install and rig aircraft flight control surfaces.
- Ability to operate aircraft systems.
- Ability to do engine "run-up" and "trim engines".
- MUST be flexible to work ANY shift
About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.