AP Mechanics - Augusta, GA
STS Technical Services is Hiring A&P Mechanics in Augusta, Georgia!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft
- Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft
- Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks)
- Reinstalls and tests components after completed inspection
- Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc.)
- May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required
- Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair
- Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required
- Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems
- Relocation assistance maybe available for those who qualify
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License with minimum of 3 years#8217; experience working corporate jet aircraft required
- Learjet, Hawker, Falcon Jet, Astra, Challenger or Citation experience required
- Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or engine is preferred
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access
- Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather
Company Overview & Benefits:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry. We offer hundreds of career opportunities throughout the United States, and with more than two decades of experience, our aviation Recruiters soar in their commitment to excellence and professionalism.
We proudly offer all qualifying candidates competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances and referral bonuses. Have questions? Contact us today at 1-800-359-4787.