Aviation Crew Chiefs - Augusta, GA
STS Technical Services now offers Aviation Crew Chief jobs in Augusta, Georgia. These are full time, direct opportunities!
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
- The Crew Chief has overall responsibility for the aircraft, and is the technical leader at the job site
- The Crew Chief has ultimate responsibility for the quality of work performed and turn time
- This position is key in projecting a competent image to our customers
- Provides technical guidance to technicians on aircraft maintenance, and/or engine configurations, and/or modification projects, including service bulletins, directives and enhancements
- Must be up-to-date on scope of required maintenance/projects for customers and coordinates efforts to ensure a timely turnaround
- In conjunction with the manager, the Crew Chief pre-plans work scopes on aircraft including developing action plans, pre-ordering parts, opening the work order and customer debriefing
- Writes all additional items and squawks identified during inspection
- Responsible for all paperwork from the beginning of the job to completion
- Daily job cards are to be signed-off and returned to the hangar office
- Daily input into the computer system is required
- Informs manager of problems and work status so that communications with the customers are timely and complete
- Performs final #8220;walk around#8221; to ensure aircraft cleanliness and readiness for departure
- Reviews workbook for sign-offs and parts issues after departure, but prior to closing in the Inspection Department
- Responsible for working with the Inspection Department to ensure quality standards are met
- Assures that crew members are well-trained on assigned aircraft
- Responsible for on-the-job training of all technicians assigned during the course of the job
- Also, responsible for scheduling periodic technical training at designated off-site locations
- Works cooperatively with other Crew Chiefs or shops to assure cross-training on other aircraft
- Performs #8220;hands on#8221; maintenance as required to assure an on-time departure and customer satisfaction
- Supports and adheres to safety, environmental and general housekeeping policies
- Is proactive in the area of safety; promotes safe work habits to the crew, monitors the work environment for safety hazards and takes steps to address/remove hazards
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Operations Director
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 7 - 10 years#8217; of corporate A&P experience
- 5 years#8217; experience working on Falcon Jets
- Must have demonstrated exemplary technical ability in specialty area
- Prior experience in planning, organizing and coordinating multiple projects
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Must have valid A&P license
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.