TacAir#8217;s vision for the future is to be the world#8217;s premier #8220;Center of Excellence#8221; for commercial tactical aviation training and support services.Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides government and aviation industry partners with unparalleled consulting and training experiences and is seeking an experienced Avionics Mechanic to join its maintenance team. TacAir#8217;s mission is to provide domestic and international Center of Excellence training and advisory services in tactical aviation, while supporting U.S. interests, and providing meaningful career opportunities for our employees. It is our goal to support and train U.S. forces and partner nations with premium services.This position is located in St. Augustine, Florida. With a population of just over 13,676, St. Augustine is the oldest European settlement in the United States and offers a rich history to be explored at museums and historical sites or recreational activities at nature parks and beaches. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://livability.com/fl/st-augustine for more information about living in St. Augustine.The ideal candidate for the Avionics Mechanic position will be professional, highly-productive, and responsive to the needs of the company, its customers, and employees. This position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, troubleshooting, and replacement of aircraft electrical/avionics systems on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other team mates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of three years#8217; previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) preferred.
- Vocational school or associate degree advantageous.
- Government-approved certification advantageous.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- • Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- • Ability to obtain U.S. government secret security clearance.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to travel to and relocate to St. Augustine, Florida. TacAir will not provide reimbursement for travel or relocation expenses. The position classification and level of responsibility will be determined by expertise and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is accountable, appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in aircraft maintenance and solving problems, TacAir invites you to email your cover letter (optional), resume, and application. A complete position profile and application instructions may be found at: https://tacticalairsupport.com/jobs/ This position will remain open until filled. If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources TacAir is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer