SQA , a global provider of aviation maintenance is seeking a qualified and experienced AVIONICS technician with extensive experience on General Aviation aircraft and Helicopters. The successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting, installation and servicing of avionics communications equipment and electrical system wiring while ensuring the equipment meets mandated requirements and specifications. Perform testing and calibration of avionic systems including computer and electronic communication panels.
Duties and Responsibilities: Support other company employees and teams to deliver superior customer service. Perform FAR 91.411 & 91.413 CertificationsPerform ADS-B installations and other avionics upgrades as needed. Effectively and accurately diagnose avionics & autopilot issues. Update system software and databases as needed. Maintain a clean and neat work area. Perform other duties as required.
Benefits to include 2 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays; and Medical/401K
Compensation is commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years of hands on experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing of electrical, communication, and navigation systems and subsystems. Preferred Skills:
- 2 years previous experience at a FAR Part 145 repair station
- Graduate of electronics principles course or equivalent military training
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and to travel on an as needed basis to support off-site maintenance
- Eye/hand coordination and clear field of vision
- Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to bend, crawl, twist, and other positions and sustain the position for extended period of time
A&P license preferred, military experience a plus