Position Type: SCA Contract #8211; Full Time.General Dynamics Information Technology #8211; GDIT, is looking for an experienced (AT / AVI) Aircraft Avionics Technician to support the US Navy H-60 Aircraft Platform. Candidate must demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of the aircraft modification and installation of TD #8211; AFC, AYC, AVC as per IDP instructions and Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of various electronics systems. MH-60S, MH-60R aircraft avionics systems experience will be a definite plus. The H-60 position will be located in Norfolk VA however, there will be requirements to deploy to CONUS locations such as Pax River MD and Jacksonville FL for assignments along with some overseas travel to OUTCONUS locations, therefore the candidate must have or be able and willing to travel and able to obtain a US Passport. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Avionics Technician job duties include performing system upgrades, new system modification and integrations on aircraft/avionics systems and components including but not limited to, routine and non-routine maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repair and replacement of aircraft communication, navigational and electrical equipment, functional testing and aircraft open and close up on US Navy H-60 Aircraft.
- Proficient at wire routing and connector / coax / data buss / video-line terminations.
- Candidate should also have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to develop supporting documents and policies in support of ISO 9000-2001.
- An active Secret security Clearance is mandatory.
- Current unexpired passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport
- Minimum or 5 Years Aircraft Experience
- GDIT is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Benefits Packages:Benefit package includes holiday pay, 401(k), Vacation / Sick Leave, medical and dental, vision and Disability Insurance available.Physical Requirements:Moderate physical activity, stooping, bending, kneeling. Handle objects up to 50 pounds regularly, up to 100 pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools.