We are currently looking to fill the following position: Avionics Technician Installer:This individual will help repair and maintain components used for helicopter navigation and radio communications, traffic avoidance systems, data link, weather radar systems, and other instruments and computers that control flight, engine, and other primary functions. Additional licenses are preferred, such as a radiotelephone license issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). An A&P certificate is a plus, but is not required. RSI seeks a self-motivated individual capable of handling multiple projects. Some travel may be required.
Prior experience required:
- ·Assembly, installation,repair or replacement of helicopter electrical/electronic components and systems.
- ·Full operational checks of complete helicopter electrical/electronic systems to verify proper functioning of components.
- ·Troubleshooting and analytical diagnosis of malfunctioning components and systems leading to adjustments, repairs or replacement to successful resolution.
- ·Installation of electrical harness and sub-assemblies in helicopters with:
o Proper identification of wire and coax cableso Clamping, bundling, mounting, routing, stripping, splicing, soldering, termination and assisting equipment installation as needed.o Perform WEE Tester connection, operational tests and repair of discrepancies.
- ·Familiarity with design, layout, installation and troubleshooting of avionic associated with EMS, ENG and Airborne Law Enforcement helicopters.
Rotorcraft Support, Inc. is located in Los Angeles at the Van Nuys Airport. We offer complete helicopter support services including Sales, Inspections, Repairs, Avionics, NDT, Structures, Paint, Component Overhaul, Exchanges and Warranties. We are a Factory Authorized Service Center for Bell Helicopters, Airbus Helicopters, Agusta, MD Helicopters, Robinson and Enstrom. We have provided superior service to the aviation industry since 1986. We take pride in our ongoing commitment to safety, reliability, and excellence. Employment is conditioned on satisfactory passing and participation in a mandatory FAA/DOT alcohol and drug screening and testing program. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. APPLICATION INFORMATION:For consideration, please submit a resume to Fax #8211; (818) 474-7154 or E-mail -HR@Rotorcraftsupport.com with a contact phone number. Please, no phone calls. We will contact you for a job interview.