Avionics Technician (Jacksonville)
Heavy Commercial Boeing 737, 747, 757 & MD-80's will considered Large body aircraft/Military must have AvioJohnson Service Group Seeking qualified Avionics Technician. The qualified candidate will be able to perform installs, inspect, test, adjust, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems. Performs operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems, and troubleshoots and corrects problems. Reads blueprints and schematics. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals. Reads blueprints and schematics.
- Lays out installation of aircraft avionics assemblies and systems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and avionics systems.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Heavy Commercial Boeing 737, 747, 757 & MD-80's will considered Large body aircraft/Military must have Avionics.
- MUST HAVE TOOLS
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience providing knowledge of avionics-related work techniques, terminology, parts, systems, etc.
- PREFERRED: FCC License preferred (FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License).