Composite Tech - Tucson, AZ
Position: Composite Tech - Tucson, AZ
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.Job Description:
- Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Marana Aerospace policies and procedures.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor as well as Production Control Booth Coordinator to keep them informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
- Reviews non-preplanned documents to identify methods of repair and/or replacement identifying necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements and provides timely estimates for all maintenance on non preplanned documents within scope of responsibility.
- Ensures that all aircraft parts/components removed from an aircraft in work, that are to be routed to Technical Services, are documented by a valid job number and that the work scope is properly identified.
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts.
- Performs assigned maintenance work in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, policies, procedures and FAA regulations including fabricating plastic aircraft parts, accessories, and trim according to specifications.
- Cuts fiberglass, kevlar or graphite cloth to size, following template or blueprints, using cutting machine, scissors, or knife.
- Marks identifying information on material and assembles materials in kits for subsequent laminating.
- Applies parting agent to mold or bonding fixture.
- Impregnates cloth with resins by dipping cloth in solutions, feeding cloth between rollers to impregnating machine, or brushing resin onto cloth.
- Applies layers of impregnated cloth or prepreg onto mold or fixture in predetermined ply sequence, and presses cloth to fit contours of mold, smooth surface, and remove air pockets and excess resin, using squeegee, scraper, spatula or roller.
- Fits and laps ends of cloth, using scissors or knife.
- Encases molded laminate in bagging material and bleeder cloth, attached vacuum bagging apparatus, such as thermocouples, probes, and vacuum connections, to mold or bonding fixture, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to seal laminate for curing. Tests seal on vacuum bagging apparatus, using leak detector.
- Trims, drills, deburrs, grinds, sands, and finishes cured parts to specifications, using templates, fixtures, handtools, and power tools.
- Prefits and assembles cured parts into assemblies or subassemblies, using jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners, such as rivets and bolts.
- Performs cold/hot metal bonding.
- Applies adhesives to surface of assembled parts for bonding in autoclave.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or post-secondary education or training in composites or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: Three composite or structures work experience preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: A License required. Current valid Arizona driver8217;s license with clear driving record for past three years required.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 cents per mile up to 200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a 100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
- Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, 100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.