Direct/Contract QC Inspector- Rockford, IL $1,000 Bonus
We have great Direct Hire and Contract positions with our client in Rockford, IL. Apply Today! Are you an experienced Quality Control Inspector who#8217;s interested in working for an International aircraftsupplier? Our clients World Class Maintenance Repair and Overhaul facility is in need of experienced QCInspectors in many locations throughout the US.Quanta Staffing is looking for talented people like you to join our Team of professionals.If you would like to learn more about this incredible opportunity, additional information can be found below. Direct Position- QC Inspector- MRO Job Summary:The Quality Control Inspector physically inspects aircraft, aircraft components, and reviews paperwork to ensure that workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality, and that customer aircraft are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required documentation properly completed and filed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- FAA A&P certificate
- 40 hours minimum large aircraft GEN FAM B737; B747; B757; B767; B777
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Five (5) or more years#8217; experience as a technician and/or inspector in a commercial aircraft environment, (Up to 4 years Military Aviation may be applied if experience was on transport category type aircraft.)
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using standard English;
- Able to interface in a pleasant and professional manner with all departments, level of management, customers and vendors.
- Able to complete assigned tasks, including follow-up assignments, in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to work irregular schedule when required.
- Familiar with the following FAA regulations, 14 CFR 43, 145 and 121
- Able to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Familiar with inspection methods, techniques and equipment.
- Familiar with auditing work packages.
- Able to competently research and retrieve technical data.
- Familiar with interpreting blueprints, drawings and other technical data.
- Five years hands-on Aircraft Maintenance experience or five years specialized experience in a related aviation field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC applications (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Data Analysis tools).
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to analyze information and utilize problem solving skills.
- Be able to work under adverse conditions in a production / aircraft hangar environment.
- Must be available to travel when required.
Duties: (not limited to)
- Available to work flexible shifts and days off.
- Competent to perform thorough primary inspections.
- Competent to perform thorough receiving inspections.
- Thoroughly audits work packages, ensuring that all assigned work has been properly completed and documented.
- Thoroughly performs continuity inspections, ensuring that previously noted and subsequently repaired items have been properly completed and documented.
- Competently writes items, noting discrepancies.
- Able to competently research and retrieve technical data
- Properly interprets blueprints, drawings and other technical data.
- May be required to perform NDT, Borescope and dimensional inspections as required.
- Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Complies with all FAA policies and procedures and asks his/her supervisor for explanations of anything which he/she does not fully understand.
- Takes those prudent actions appropriate to the preservation of Company and/or customer assets, whether in monetary or other form.
- Attends work-related training as scheduled.
- Performs such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Physical Requirements: (not limited to)
- May be exposed to high level of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes (within OSHA limits).
- Able to climb on ladders and platforms occasionally attaining heights of various aircraft types.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance.Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer