FAA Certified AP Mechanic
Mauna Loa Helicopters is an accredited flight school with expanding private helicopter tours.MLH is a FAR 91,135, and 141. Currently, we have open positions for an FAA Certified A&P Mechanic at our Kailua-Kona.. This will be a full-time/ permanent position. Shifts will vary due to scheduling needs; operations are open seven days a week.The Mechanic#8217;s primary responsible duties will include, but not limited to ensure that maintenance performed by he/she is accomplished is in accordance with the Company Operation Specifications Approved by the FAA, (for air carriers), Company Maintenance Policies/Procedure(s) and in accordance with the FAA and Manufacturers Airworthiness Standards as prescribed by applicable regulations, directives and good industry standard practices, for each type of aircraft, power plant or equipment that this company maintains. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Responsible to the maintenance Supervisor/Manager for the #8220;efficient#8221; performance of his/her assigned duties.
- Ensuring that safety is the primary factor in maintenance performed and that regardless of scheduling or peer pressure that the maintenance performed on an aircraft, powerplant or related article was performed safely and IAW applicable FAA regulations and Company requirements, prior to the approval for return to service.
- Responsible to ensure that the maintenance and documenting of maintenance performed is done in accordance with the FAA regulations and company policy/procedures, as applicable for the tasks they perform.
- Ensure that they do not perform maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or related article that they are not qualified on, in accordance with the applicable FAA regulations.
- #8220;Pass down#8221; the current status of any #8220;partially completed#8221; work to another #8220;on sight#8221; mechanic. If this is not performed he/she SHALL document the status of this #8220;partially completed#8221; work in the maintenance #8220;Pass Down#8221; log prior to leaving the ongoing maintenance task or project.
- Responsible to ensure accountability for all tooling, expendable items, parts and company owned equipment utilized by him/her during the performance of maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or related article.
- Inform the Supervisor/Maintenance Manager of any shortcomings that may arise regarding the technical manuals, specifications or serviceability of equipment and tools required to perform their assigned maintenance tasks.
- Provide recommendations for additional training or process improvements as they deem necessary, to the Supervisor/Maintenance Manager, as applicable.
- When assigned to work #8220;directly#8221; with an Apprentice Mechanic or Mechanic Helper, the certified mechanic is responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance performed by the apprentice mechanic or helper.
- Ensure that facilities, aircraft, ground support equipment and work areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner and IAW company standards.
- Ensure that maintenance records entries for #8220;work performed#8221; are completed properly and IAW FAA requirements and applicable company policies and or procedures. He/she shall also ensure that that maintenance records are submitted in a timely manner and IAW company policy, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Repair LLC policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Repair LLC employment practices and policies. Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Will report to DOM.
- Two years#8217; experience as licensed A&P mechanic
- Permitted to work in the U.S or have valid U.S citizen
- Pass FAA/DOT mandated pre-hire and ongoing random drug test
- Possess basic standard tools
Education & Experience
- Manufacturer#8217;s and company training on Robinson preferred
- Basic computer skills required.
- Have good communication skills, read and write the English language.
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to comply with company and regulatory rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate good and sound judgment.
- Hand tools, specialized manufacturers tools, diagnostic, measuring and analyzing equipment.
- Use of aircraft maintenance manuals and technical documentation.
- Requires flexible and analytical thinking and outstanding organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision making is essential.
- Must be comfortable in making firm decisions relative to safety in all situations.
Licensing & Certifications:
- Must possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required.
Salary Range: Depending on experience Benefits: Medical, paid vacation, 401k package