FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative
Aviall, a Boeing Company is the world's largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Aviall prides itself in having an open#8218; performance#8211;based culture throughout the organization. We offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, and provides hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities that serves as the springboard for a successful career. We are also very proud to consistently receive outstanding awards for our diversity and recruitment efforts including the #8220;Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers.#8221; Come join our talented world class team and thrive in a dynamic and supportive culture.The FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative will be responsible for:
- Issue recurrent airworthiness approvals for products and articles that conform to the approved design requirements and are in a condition for safe operation.
- Issue recurrent export airworthiness approvals for products in accordance with 14 CFR Part 21, subpart L.
- Issue original / recurrent domestic and/or export airworthiness approvals for engines, propellers and/or articles manufactured in accordance with 14 CFR Part 21.
- Work within the scope of FAA issued Certificate of Authority and Designee Responsibilities. Determine accuracy of airworthiness documentation and associated products/article(s).
- Perform duties of Designated Airworthiness Representative within scope of current Certificate of Authority. Issue domestic and export airworthiness approvals for products and articles.
- Creates and maintains procedures for airworthiness processes and tasks.
- Other duties as assigned; contribute to special projects as directed.
- FAA Designee (DAR-T) current Certificate of Authority for North Texas Flight Standards District Office Geographic area.
Job RequirementsMinimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in airworthiness compliance/certification for airborne equipment; knowledge of aircraft operations, systems and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Will consider combined experience and education in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, and database software.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- FAA Designee (DAR-T or DAR-F) with current Certificate of Authority
Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.