Field Engineering Manager 2 (Lead Mechanic)
Duties include but are not limited to managing, directing, supervising, scheduling and coordinating assigned shift activities to support site aircraft flight operations and maintenance requirements. Supervise other mechanics and may perform scheduled/unscheduled aircraft maintenance on all aircraft systems such as turbine engines, propellers, airframes, flight controls/landing gear/engine rigging. The Lead Mechanic position is also responsible for troubleshooting airframe, electrical, and engine systems. Supervise/perform corrosion inspections and related treatment, washing/cleaning. Responsible for aircraft system servicing, scheduled/unscheduled structural repairs, and in-house component repair/back shop functions.
Qualifications:The qualified applicant must have a minimum of five (5) years aircraft mechanic level experience. Strongly prefer recent King Air, C-12, B200, 1900, or 350 experience on civilian and military platforms including Pratt & Whitney PT6 turboprop experience.Work experience must include Lead Mechanic or supervisor capacity directing same or similar FAA and/or government aircraft maintenance operations. Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate required.
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team if required. CONUS and OCONUS deployment is required.
- Must be in good physical condition, and capable of completing/passing a required physical exam and CRC course prior to OCONUS deployment.
- Must be able to work in the established work/living environment, work shift schedules as assigned 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to support mission requirements.
- Experience in the use of common hand and special tools/testers as required for aircraft maintenance.
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have a current civilian driver's license, and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver#8217;s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim DOD secret government security clearance as a minimum prior to hire.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line/hangar operations and ensure subordinates/co-workers maintain the company#8217;s established safety procedures.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications#8212;read, interpret, follow and basic comprehension of schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts and have the skills to train new employees of same.
- Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of maintenance database technology.
The Lead Mechanic classification activity is usually accomplished in a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. Lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50lbs may be required. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close and peripheral vision, and acceptable depth perception. Licensing, Certification Requirements:
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
- Formal or Specialized Training/Equivalent on assigned aircraft and equipment
- US Citizenship
- Valid State Drivers License
- Valid US Passport
The job classification requires an FAA aircraft airframe and engine powerplant (A&P) certification, and a FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) is preferred. The classification also requires documented record of management and supervision of same organizations and functions described above. Work experience on King Air airframe and PT-6 associated engines (King Air 350, 200, 1900) highly desired. Background check and drug testing required for employment. Must meet all physical requirements associated for deployment OCONUS and CRC. Must qualify and be able to maintain DOD SECRET security clearance. Equal Opportunity Employer #8211; minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.