Fuel Cell Mechanic, Greenville, SC
Fuel Cell MechanicGreenville, South CarolinaFull-TimeJob ID: 1710064783 PDS is seeking Fuel Cell Mechanics for open positions in Greenville, SC.
- Perform removal, installation, and inspection functions of fuel cells and assembly, and installation of components such as fuel lines, hardware, and fittings on various aircraft. Analyze various aircraft sealing, structural, and assembly drawings, to detect seal level deficiencies.
- Diagnose results of leak test to detect drawing, specification, structural and assembly sealing errors. Recommend corrective action necessary to correct deficiencies.
- Perform disassembly and teardown operations of aircraft fuel systems and related components.
- Remove fuel cells and components from aircraft, following specific procedures and techniques.
- Prepare cavity for installation of fuel cells and components. Install fuel cells and components, following specific procedures and techniques.
- Use appropriate pressure test equipment, and make repairs as required.
- Check condition of fuel cells for any type of damage; and cavity, for condition of internal fittings.
- Work from operation sheets, diagrams, blueprints, engineering orders, mil-specs and verbal instructions.
- Work with jigs, fixtures, and various tooling, as operations require.
- Assist other aircraft mechanics as required. Maintain schedules and quality standards.
- Check work for completeness and accuracy. Notify supervision of any / all malfunctions, defects, and damages of equipment, material and product.
- Perform Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, and quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts, and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- May be required to work in other field#8217;s incidental to, and in connection with, completion of assignment.
- May be required to perform other related duties, as assigned. Designated employees in this job classification may be required to handle, transport, and/or participate in clean up of minor hazardous waste spills.
- Prior to performing any of the above activities, designated employees will have satisfactorily completed training in Hazardous Waste Handling.
- Must provide employee owned tools in accordance with company requirements.
- 5 years previous fuel cell experience is required.
- P-3 or C-130 fuel cell experience is required.
- Requires respirator physical and the ability to become confined space certified. Must be able to become confined space certified for entry into P-3 and/or C-130 Fuel Cells.
You will be required to become respirator certified. In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, work overhead, perform repetitive movements, and talk and hear. You will regularly lift and/or push or pull up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to enter confined spaces.Please send your current resume over to: Recruiter: Earl SawyerEmail Resume: firstname.lastname@example.orgDirect Number: 843-277-6616PDS Tech has a variety of new openings daily;Please call if you are interested in searching for other positions available in your area!!!!