General Aviation Mechanic
Thoroughbred Aviation Maintenance is currently accepting resumes for a General Aviation Technician position at our Georgetown, Kentucky maintenance facility. Come be a part of a fast growing company with a great working atmosphere, benefits, and room to grow your career. Thoroughbred Aviation Maintenance is seeking a Maintenance Technician that would be responsible for maintaining an organized and efficient work place while providing excellent on time results. Thoroughbred Aviation performs maintenance on a very diverse group of platforms to include but not limited to: Single and Twin Engine Aircraft; Piston and Turbine Powerplants; Fixed Wing and Rotorcraft. Thoroughbred Aviation is a FAA Certified Repair Station and Bell, MD and Airbus Service Centers.Job Duties
- Read, understand, and use FAA approved maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, AD's, Service Bulletins, progressive inspection check lists, and other related maintenance documentation in order to effectively troubleshoot airframe, engine, avionics, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Complete required forms properly and accurately to both FAA and Thoroughbred Aviation standards.
- Complete repair, modification, and replacement of aircraft and aircraft systems within both FAA and Thoroughbred Aviation requirements.
- Complete work within budgeted time-frame.
- Comply with Thoroughbred Aviation safety requirements for proper operation of ground support equipment.
- Complete any and all assigned job tasks as required by Thoroughbred Aviation management team.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a background check.Must provide own basic tools.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 75lbs, push-pull, walking, sitting, standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, crouching, and reaching.
- Good communication both oral and written.
- Good analytical skills.
- Perfer A&P rating.
- Prefer 1 year experience.