What we do:Air Transport International is an experienced charter airline with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts, and high value animal transportation. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!What you will do:Responsible to fly with and conduct/oversee all aircraft inspections/maintenance required during the course of the assigned scheduled mission. In particular, specifically required to conduct/oversee all maintenance/inspections at sites where no ATI facilities are available to conduct and/or support these required maintenance activities/inspections. Assume duties of Station Supervisor and act in that capacity when supervisor is otherwise unavailable.Job Functions:
- At sites where no other ATI support exists be prepared to conduct/oversee the overhaul, maintenance, and repair of airframe components, powerplants, aircraft communication equipment and associated components in accordance with Company manuals, manufacturer#8217;s manuals, including policies, Procedures Bulletins and Orders in order to return the aircraft to service and continue the mission.
- Maintenance Representatives will be required to sign for work accomplished and must be prepared to oversee other non-ATI individuals/contractors working on ATI aircraft at remote locations and to #8220;buy-back#8221; the work of these individuals if required. Maintenance Representatives are directly responsible for the safety of the aircraft while at the remote sites and must insure that all work is accomplished in accordance with FAA and Company procedures in order to insure the safety of Company property, personnel and customers.
- The mechanic in performing his/her duties is required to be constantly alert for defective, worn or failed parts as well as Unsafe working conditions and to bring these immediately to the attention of the flight crew to which he/she is assigned. Additionally, the Maintenance Representative is required to insure that the aircraft#8217;s assigned Spares Parts Kit (SPK) is fully stocked and that the required materials and parts are available to support the scheduled mission to the fullest extent possible.
- During the course of normal operations, the Maintenance Representative must be prepared to work with various Company hired agents at sites throughout the world to procure maintenance services and support, as needed to repair/fix the aircraft. Should no Company agent be available, the Maintenance Representative working in conjunction with the flight crew must be prepared to act as Company agent and procure the support/equipment necessary to facilitate the repair/servicing of the aircraft as required.
- As part of normal remote location operations, the Maintenance Representative is specifically charged and responsible to keep Maintenance Control fully apprized of the status of the aircraft and to provide copies of all completed log pages directly to Maintenance Control. Additionally, the Maintenance Representative must be fully capable of working with minimal supervision during the normal course of events, but should the need arise to solicit and follow directions from Maintenance Control and higher management despite the thousands of miles separating him/her from senior leadership.
- The Maintenance Representative is also specifically responsible and required to conduct such housekeeping duties as required to keep his/her assigned aircraft clean and presentable. This may require the use of third parties, but the responsibility to insure the cleanliness and appearance/upkeep of the assigned aircraft rests specifically with the Maintenance Representative flying on that aircraft during the course of the currently on-going mission.
- At any location where mechanics are utilized, assume the duties, responsibilities, and authority of the Maintenance Supervisor, and work for the Line Maintenance Supervisor responsible for that station.
- When the Maintenance Representative is exercising his/her authority under the RII provisions of this manual, he/she will be directly responsible to the Director of Quality Control.
- Attend all Company training classes as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
What you will need:
- Minimum of three (3) years, proven line maintenance experience on 767 aircraft
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully complete a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers; stand, bend, and reach in order to maintain files; sit for extended periods of time; and comply with ATI attendance requirements.
- Shall hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant license (FAR 121.378a)
- Shall have a valid passport, and Driver#8217;s License.
- Ability to travel as the needs of the airline dictates. (may require travel up to 3 weeks per month)
- B 757/767 aircraft; Parts 121, 125, 145; Heavy transport category aircraft experience
Physical Requirements:Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb up to 3 flights of stairs. Must be able to work at heights up to 80 feet and from ladders up to 10 feet.This job will require the following abilities:
- Near/Far Sight Acuity
- Depth perception/Field of vision
- Hand/Eye Coordination
- Color Vision
- Effective Oral/Written communication
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.