We are currently seeking an experienced technician to work with one of the largest Aerospace and Transportation companies in the world! Candidates will be performing maintenance and repairs on railcars at Newark Airport. This position is a 3 Month Contract to Hire offering a pay raise after the 3 month duration upon going direct with the company.This position represents a great opportunity to get your foot in the door as a seasoned technician with a globally recognized firm. Opportunity for advancement and great benefits included!Must Haves:1. Mechanical or Electrical background.2. Must take initial Mechanical and Electrical test.3. Able to obtain an Airport ID
- Looking for Technicians to troubleshoot and repair monorails at EWR Airport.
- Technicians will perform overhaul tasks and activities as defined by the Project Manager.
- Perform installations and necessary inspections as well as testing to ensure that the assigned work scope is properly integrated and meets defined requirements.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical equipment such as HVAC, Switch, or Relays.
- Follow all work processes and test procedures.
- Install, overhaul, repair and replace components.
- Document all preventive maintenance and special work orders completed.
- Enter data into the Maximo Program.
- Track and provide accountability for all tools during shift assignment.
- Overhaul guideways, repair walk way lighting, replace doors and motors
- Basic electrical and mechanical experience.
- Able to read schematics.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Hydraulics knowledge.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic hand tools including multimeters.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a radio.
- Wiring expertise a plus.
- Switch and Rail Knowledge a plus.
About Aerotek: We know that a companys success starts with its employees. We also know that an individuals success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aeroteks people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aeroteks 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.