New Year New Career - Avionic Techs needed in Colorado Springs, CO January 2019
PDS Tech is seeking a Senior Avionics Technician, in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Summary:Performs inspections, make adjustments and repairs, replaces components, and corrects any malfunctions or deficiencies with and without power applied to aircraft.Performs aircraft avionics maintenance in accordance with applicable technical data, SOPs and FAA/JAA regulations.
- Accesses, removes and re-installs aircraft components including mechanical and electrical which obstruct the performance of assigned repair/replace tasks.
- Assists with repairs on off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes.Performs basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations.
- Performs troubleshooting of all avionics/mission systems(as applicable) installed on the aircraft.Documents work performed.
- Fabricates parts/wire harness and installs per engineering drawings and instructions.Assists in troubleshooting off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes.
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.Performs other tasks such as cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods and equipment.
- Assists in updating and completion of work orders and operation details; assists with on-going maintenance tasks when avionics specific tasks are complete.Analyzes and develops solutions to complex electronic problems.
Education/Experience & Skills Required: EMAIL RESUMES TO email@example.com
- High School Diploma or relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Maintenance experience on DoD aircraft preferred.
- FCC License preferred.FAA repair station experience is desired.
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment;knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job; skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function.
- Additional Responsibilities Include:Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.Other duties as assigned.Compliance Responsibilities:Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all clients Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external).Essential Functions:Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach overhead.
- Note:This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.Clients job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.