A P Mechanic for Mobile Service Team at STP Airport
A & P Mechanics needed for new Mobile Service Unit!
We Service Private Jets
Signature TECHNICAir's world-class MRO service is available in 14 U.S. locations and 2 U.K. locations. Each location has a long history of highly personalized service, rapid response, and precision quality. When it comes to safety, Signature TECHNICAir embraces the highest of possible standards. Signature TECHNICAir, the world's largest FBO network, is hiring a Customer-Oriented Mobile Service Unit A & P Mechanics at our STP facility in beautiful Saint Paul, MN! We are looking for new, self-starting candidates to join our team! Looking for the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced industry? You've come to the right place!!
Position: Mobile Service Unit A & P Mechanic
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Medical insurance (4 plans to choose from). Dental & Vision insurance. Paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday). 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. Health Care Spending Account (HSA). Uniforms provided. Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Opportunity to participate in employer-paid training courses.
Pay: Salary range based on experience
Mobile Service Unit A & P Mechanics will report to the Director of MSU Operations. Will work as a member of the MSU MRO team focused on maintenance activities and work scope of customer aircraft. Identify and correct issues for malfunctioning aircraft mechanical components and systems. Perform a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on jet and turboprop aircraft, and assist with scheduling and coordination for other crew members. Will help coordinate and communicate aircraft issues with the customer to include reviewing the work scope with customers, adding squawks as required, respond to customer inquiries and be responsible for assuring customer satisfaction by coordinating with MRO team. Will help oversee the maintenance of the MSU by ensuring vehicle is properly serviced and road worthy at all times.
- Provide 24/7 mobile service team/AOG support during assigned scheduled shift and provide immediate response to AOG calls.
- Works as a member of a team focused on meeting customer expectations requiring mechanics and avionics technicians to assist each other as required.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships.
- Serve as central point of contact for customers during the AOG maintenance event.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality.
- Responsible for coordinating and organizing the necessary tooling for maintenance event.
- Order and obtain parts as necessary to effect aircraft repairs. Assure that cores are returned in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate with call center on project status.
- Coordinate with call center for any required travel arrangements.
- Requires knowledge of inspection procedures set forth in FAR Part 145. Responsible for insuring documentation procedures are accomplished as required in FAR 43 and all other applicable FARs.
- Maintain MSU vehicle interior and exterior appearance.
- Assist team with ensuring the MSU is in safe operational condition, all fluid levels are at proper levels, tire pressures are correct, wiper blades, hoses, tires, etc. are all inspected, repaired or replaced as required.
- Assist team to insure that all equipment and tooling for the MSU is inspected, properly maintained, and/or serviced as required to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure work scope is completed in a timely manner and work performed is accomplished in accordance with established policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Ensure that all maintenance, preventative maintenance, alterations, or specialized services performed are in accordance with the inspection system procedures as outlined in the repair station manual and/or quality control manual.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on one or more aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft mechanically for flight and delivery to customer.
- Requires thorough knowledge of aircraft engines, mechanical systems, and components on all assigned aircraft.
- Checks, corrects, or replaces a variety of complex aircraft assemblies, landing gear systems, flight control systems, hydraulic systems, air conditioner systems, pressurization systems, and more.
- Responsible for clear, concise, and accurate written reports in logs, inspection reports, and in parts identification for issues and return documents.
- May be required to observe operation of mechanical systems during flight and troubleshooting problems for in-shop repairs.
- Responsible for communicating safety expectations of the MRO network.
- Monitors the work environment to assure it is maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe acts.
- Manage all expenses and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Work with finance team on monthly reports as required.
- Must follow all company policies (i.e. professionalism, proper attire).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver#8217;s license
- Must have Part 145 Repair Station experience and working knowledge of Part 91 and 135 regulations
- Previous experience (3-plus years) preferred
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Airframe structural/composite repair experience preferred
- Avionics and Maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to obtain airport badge (passing a 10-year background check)
- Must be able to take/pass a pre-employment drug screening
Ready to give your career wings? Join the leading global provider of flight support services! Apply today using the link below or visit www.signatureflight.com/employment, hit "View USA Jobs" and search by location "Saint Paul, MN". A Recruiter from our Talent Acquisition team from our headquarters in Orlando, FL (407 #) will be in touch!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet