Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively searching for an Aircraft Painter with 2 years of experience for a contract assignment in North Carolina. This is fantastic opportunity to gain exposure with an aerospace industry leader. The Welder works under the direction of the Production Supervisor or Cell Lead with a minimum of supervision; performs a wide range of duties and assignments within the welding and assembly disciplines.Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Aircraft Painter include the following: Other duties may be assigned
- Prepare aircraft for washing, stripping, paining and polishing.
- Mix and apply paints in various quantities.
- Set up and operate various types of paint spraying equipment.
- Locate pounce patterns for registration numbers and lettering.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, ina a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years#8217; experience performing as an aircraft painter or five (5) or more years in an industrial automotive paint environment.
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English)