Pneumatic Technician - TPS
SUMMARYServices, repairs and overhauls commercial aircraft pneumatic components, to ensure airworthiness by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds PDU's, CT's, Starters and Valves as required.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airlines' maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine feasibility and methods of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspects PDU's, CT's, Starters and Valves to detect cracks or breaks.
- Tests PDU, CT, Starter and Valve operation to locate source of malfunction.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping or other defects.
- Requisitions parts and inventory needed for replacement or repair.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Repairs or replaces worn, damaged or defective parts and reassemble.
- Understands and observes all safety requirements as directed by company safety and environmental policies and programs.