Propulsion Assembly Technician (AP)
A&P + 2 yoe in aviation, aerospace, or similar performing; mechanical assembly, repair, rebuild & overhaul (R&O), or modification & maintenance.
- Hardworking, motivated candidates passionate about the space industry.
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on high quality workmanship.
- Proactive, willingness to learn/ask questions and provide ideas/recommendations.
About Rocket LabFounded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab#8217;s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth. Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Huntington Beach facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space. Propulsion Assembly TechnicianThe ideal candidate will have an A&P license plus 1-3 year of experience in aviation, aerospace, or similar industry performing functions such as; mechanical assembly, repair, rebuild and/or overhaul (R&O), modification & maintenance, etc.As a propulsion assembly technician for Rocket Lab you will be working on the build of the sub-assemblies for the Rutherford rocket engine.The engine is a regeneratively cooled electrically driven pump fed rocket engine with LOx and kerosene propellants. It is the primary propulsion system of Electron. The engine consists of a thrust chamber, pumps, valves, plumbing, TVC actuators and motor controllers, to name a few mechanical components. This role is responsible for the assembly of these items and more for use on the engine. Specifically, day to day tasks will involve mechanical fitting, inspection, documentation and basic testing of these items. Superb hand skills are required with a good eye for detail to ensure all components meet the performance and quality requirements for spaceflight.
Required Education & Experience
- Industry or trade certified
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical assembly for aerospace applications
- Talented with mechanical assembly tools, pressure testing equipment and welding preparation
- Talented with electrical assembly tools, bench testing and measuring instruments
- Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- Eye for detail and a methodical, tidy and careful work ethic
Preferred Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of industry experience in mechanical fitting
- Experience with in-space mechanical assemblies
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and continued product development
Important Information:To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.