Quality Control Inspectors - Savannah, GA
STS Technical Services is Hiring Quality Control Inspectors in Savannah, Georgia!
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, or Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
- Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents
- Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures
- Perform transfer and consolidated inspections
- Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment
- Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level
- Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors
- Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and IPT personnel
- Perform duties of MRB signature authority
- Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications
- Lead continuous improvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School degree or GED
- Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment
- Three (3) years quality inspection experience
- Five (5) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred
- Work in confined spaces, wear respirator, able to pass eye exam, able to pass reading and math exam
- Proficient in GAC CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation, GAC work instructions, technical specifications and GAC QA Manual
- Competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.