Repair Station Upholstery Tech II
PDS is seeking an Repair Station Upholstery Tech II for an open position in Savannah, GA Job Summary:Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains.
- May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels.
- May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings and design specifications, prep surfaces for application of foam and/or decorative covering material.
- Must be able to work in the aircraft to identify and correct discrepancies and sign off work on documentation.
- May be asked to work overtime and days off.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.