- Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Able to setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, protractors, and calipers, etc.
- Able to use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburrers, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
- Able to assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening.
- Able to perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies.
- Able to replace ribs, stiffners, stringers in skinned assemblies establishing from blueprints with firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines.
- Able to blind pickup of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure. Also able to correct cans, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins
- Able to operate such equipment as brakes, grinders, band saws, and presses.
- Able to identify different types of corrosion, clean and treat corrosion, remove damaged areas, fabricate parts to repair damaged area, determine rivet patterns, layouts, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
- Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
- F-18 TMS experience
- Minimum High School diploma and a minimum of 4 recent years of experience performing depot level/heavy checks experience on aircraft. This experience includes equipment overhauls and modifications, and doing maintenance requiring major and minor overhaul of the aircraft.
- Need the ability to obtain Secret clearance; can start work with Interim Secret
- Need to have your own tools
- Need to have flexibility to work (paid) Overtime and / or Night Shift
If you are interested and would like to discuss the opportunity further please feel free to call Lauren Bolhuis at 321-775-4109 About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.