Structures Mechanic $39.83/hr for per-diem eligible candidates
Our client is looking for Heavy Structures/Sheet Metal Mechanics to work on 707 aircraft as well as their backshop in an MRO environment in Lake Charles, LA. Duties include:
- Performs a variety of operations to locate, drill up and repair major structures such as wings planks and stringers, fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural sub-assemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers on large body aircraft preferably 707 & KC-135.
- Performs such minor part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure.
- Having Systems/A&P experience that can perform the following; troubleshoot and repair all systems, ie; hydraulics, rigging, flight controls, landing gear, etc., is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience as a heavy structures mechanic on aircraft in an MRO environment. Wide-body aircraft experience is preferred and must have backshop experience to be considered for the pylon shop.
- Work shift can vary from 8-12 hours. Must be able to work day or evening shift and be prepared to work 5-7 days per week.
- Proficiency with computers because of the time, maintenance, and tool systems. Tools will be provided by the client.
The pay rate is $24.45/hr and per diem eligible candidates will receive $123/day in daily per diem for each productive day (4 hr min) worked and will cap at five days ($615/wk). Total pay for per diem-eligible candidates is $39.83 for the 1st 40 hours. Overtime rate is $36.68/hr.Qualified candidates are highly-suggested to apply! Contact Matthew Thurman at 314-801-5243 with questions. About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.