Structures Technician - Tucson, AZ
Position: Structures Technician - Tucson, AZ
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures including main landing gear fittings, aircraft skins and floor beams in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal parts, equipment, and products utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and nonmetallic materials, machining, and layout techniques.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal, such as stainless steel, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material, such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material, using scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers applying knowledge of shop mathematics and layout techniques to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Makes appropriate entries in Component Removal Log, completes identification tags, and repairable/parts routing tags upon removing components from aircraft.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Makes appropriate entries on routine and non-routine work cards.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: One to five years experience in aircraft structural repair preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: A License preferred. Valid driver8217;s license required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 cents per mile up to 200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a 100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
- Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, 100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.