Structures Technician West Vrigina
Our client in Bridgeport, WV is seeking Structures Technicians:
- In this role you will follow general instructions, drawings, specifications, standard practice and recognized methods to perform any operations needed to produce prototype and/or production composite parts, components and assemblies. Work with engineering personnel to develop techniques, tooling and/or methods and procedures to produce new, complex and/or modified composite parts, components, and assemblies.
- Adhere to customer General Work Requirements
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May fabricate parts for ground support equipment
- Assist in towing aircraft
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Experience must be on commercial (preferably) or corporate aircraft.
- All Structures Technicians must come on-site to do a project and assessment. This is a prerequisite for any Structures hire.
- You have typically 5 years structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You have sheet metal A/C Tech school or equivalent schooling
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You hold an A Certification, A&P Certificate, or Repairman Certificate
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory and control of tools
- You must obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You have the ability to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You have the ability to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have basic PC skills
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft
- Tools must be etched.
- This can be done on site after start, but it is preferred that this is done prior to start when possible.Their tools also need to be etched: first initial of their first name, first initial of their last name, and last 4 of their SSN. If their tools are already etched, they can use them as is.No tool shadowing required
- Tool lists for each skill is provided
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.