AP (Airframe and Powerplant) Mechanic - Various Shifts- Tampa, FL
To perform licensed AP Mechanic work, including repairs, maintenance, overhaul, modifications, and troubleshooting, on Textron Aviation aircraft at the Tampa Service Center.
- Performs assembly, disassembly and repairs required in the completion of airframe overhaul, repair or modifications, including but not limited to removal, replacement and repair of parts of engines, airframes and systems.
- Responsible for forming AP maintenance as well as assisting other licensed mechanics with set up and tear down the equipment, tools and supplies used during the repair of customers aircraft.
- Uses equipment such as tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, timing lights, and a variety of hand tools to repair or modify systems or assemblies.
- Required to tow and move aircraft during the performance of maintenance duties.
- Assists in the cleaning of parts and components during the repair and assembly of aircraft.
- Performs other tasks and duties associated with the service center operation.
- High school education or equivalent required
- AP License is required
- In lieu of AP license must have DD214 form to be reviewed and eligible for company-sponsored technical certification and future license achievement. Must have hours of On-the-Job training (MOS/NEC/AFSC) reviewed and evaluated by FSDO
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet and piston airframe and engine principles. Must have knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems.
- Experience on mechanical repair of vehicles, preferably aircraft ndash;through technical training, apprenticeship, schooling, or similar experience is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.