AP Mechanic Mobile Service Technician - Providence, RI
Mobile Service Technicians (MST) will focus on the maintenance activities and work scope of Customer aircraft. Will identify and correct issues on malfunctioning aircraft mechanical components and systems. Performs a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on Jet aircraft and assist with the scheduling and coordination of the work of others in the crew. Will assist the MST Lead Mechanic including coordinating and communicating aircraft issues with the Customer to include reviewing the work scope with Customers, adding squawks as required, respond to Customer inquiries and be responsible for assuring Customer satisfaction by coordinating with the Service Center Team. Will assist the MST Lead Mechanic with overseeing the maintenance of the mobile service vehicle ensuring vehicle is properly serviced and roadworthy at all times.
- Ensure that the work scope is completed in a timely manner and work performed is done in accordance with established policy, procedure, and quality standards. Performs a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on one or more aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft mechanically for flight and delivery to Customer. Requires thorough knowledge of aircraft engines, mechanical systems, and components on all assigned aircraft.
- May be required to observe operation of mechanical systems during flight and troubleshoot problems for in-shop repairs.
- Responsible for communicating safety expectations of the Service Center.
- Works as a member of a team focused on meeting customer expectations requiring mechanics and avionic technicians to assist each other as required.
- Assists the Lead MST to ensure that all equipment and tooling with the mobile service vehicle are inspected, properly maintained and/or serviced as required to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Assists the Lead MST ensuring the mobile service vehicle is in safe operating condition, all fluid levels are at proper levels, tire pressures are correct, wiper blades, hoses, tires, etc are all inspected, repaired or replaced as required.
- Must obtain a Textron-issued driver license and possess valid state-issued driver license. Both are required to operate Company-owned vehicles or vehicles under Textron control.
- High school education or equivalent required
- AP license required
- Minimum of 3 yearsrsquo; experience with diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modification, and phase inspection experience as an AP Mechanic
- Preferred - Minimum 1-2 yearsrsquo; experience on Cessna, Hawker, or Beechcraft aircraft.
- Use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet a piston airframe and engine principals
- Must possess a valid state-issued driverrsquo;s license and abide by Textron Fleet Vehicle handbook and AOA access requirements.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems.
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation:
- Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
- Health benefits beginning day one
- Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
- Paid holidays
- Relocation assistance (terms and conditions apply)
- Flight training courses and bonuses (terms and conditions apply)
Come feel the pride.