AP Team Lead
With one of the largest General Aviation fleets in the Western United States, we are seeking a Team Lead for a flight school operation in the Denver, CO area. The Team Lead will work with the general floor A Ps assisting in the maintenance of aircraft, troubleshooting, and teaching/training new A Ps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring airworthiness as defined within 14 CFR by researching permanent records, maintenance tracking program, FAA Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturerrsquo;s Service Bulletins/Customer Bulletins for assigned aircraft.
- Familiar working knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations, industry best practices, and OSHA requirements
- Complies with internal company policies and procedures or any company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the client, vendors and other internal departments.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe conditions.
- Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections to conform within the standards established by the company, Federal regulation and industry best practices achieving the highest reliability goals.
- Provides technical support, as needed, to other staff or management
- Reviews and ensures all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and permanent records are accurate and preserved in accordance with company and FAA requirements.
- Updates and interfaces with computerized maintenance tracking program
- Perform maintenance planning along with the management oversight of inspections, repairs and modifications Ensures timely scheduling of maintenance in order to least impact clientrsquo;s flight schedule and provide for high degree of aircraft availability.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay commensurate with experience
- $25,000 Employer Paid Life Insurance
- $50,000 Accidental Death Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage (employer pays $60% of premiums)
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- 6 Paid Holidays per year
- 80 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis. PTO may be requested after 90 days of employment
- 40 additional hours of Paid Time Off per year after 5 years of employment
- Airframe and Powerplant (Required)
- IA (Inspection Authorization) (Required)
Experience and Skills:
- 5 years' experience as a shop foreman/manager at a GA maintenance facility. This job has internal supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in FAA regulations including AD's, 337's and log entries
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft O365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat or related presentation programs. Competency with internet navigation is also required.
- Five (5) years' experience in aviation maintenance (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance planning, along with management oversight of personnel, inspections, repairs, and modifications.
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree (preferred but not required) Ability to create maintenance standards, procedures, and processes to ensure compliance with all FAA regulations and requirements.