CBA - AFE Mechanic - AFGSC (HSS) - Malmstrom AFB, MT
The AFE Mechanic Inspects, maintains, packs, and adjusts aircrew flight equipment such as flight helmets, oxygen masks, parachutes, flotation devices, survival kits, helmet-mounted devices, aircrew night vision and other ocular systems, anti-G garments, aircrew eye and respiratory protective equipment, chemical biological protective oxygen masks and overalls, and other types of AFE and aircrew chemical defense systems.
- Repairs fabric and rubber components, including protective clothing, thermal radiation barriers, flotation equipment, and various parachutes.
- Evaluates problems and determines the feasibility of repair or replacement related to inspecting and repairing fabric, rubber equipment, and parachutes.
- Evaluates work orders for fabrication of authorized items.
- Installs and removes aircraft-installed AFE.
- Uses various types of test equipment such as altimeters, oxygen testers, leakage testers, radio testers, and other types of testers to conduct reliability testing on AFE and ACDE.
- Maintains inspection and accountability documentation on AFE issued to aircrews or preposition on aircraft.
- Other duties as assigned.