Electrical Wiring Interconnect System Co-Op
Cirrus Aircrafts Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jettrade;, the worlds first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute Systemreg; (CAPSreg;) ndash; the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed 15 million hours and over 250 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPSreg; as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at www.cirrusaircraft.com. This co-op will be onsite in Duluth, MN or McKinney, Texas from May 2024 through December 2024. Job Duties:
- Assist the EWIS team with the design, testing, certification, and ongoing engineering support of all aspects of aircraft electrical wiring. Technical areas include system wiring diagram definition, interconnects, wire harness shielding, harness routing, assembly and installation.
- Current junior, senior, or graduate student pursuing a relevant degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- Self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Aviation experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen background check.
- Must be able to complete entire duration of co-op.
- Must be able to secure local housing for duration of co-op.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.