Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Technician
We are Jet East, A Gama Aviation Company, and one of the nationrsquo;s leading aviation maintenance providers. Our specialties include scheduled maintenance, on-demand mobile maintenance for unscheduled events, and related services in the areas of structural repairs, composite work, non-destructive testing (NDT) and paint capabilities.The Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Technician is responsible for knowing, understanding, and accomplishing all required steps associated with compliance of the maintenance work scope assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with Gama Aviation Engineeringrsquo;s policies and procedures (RSQCM), manufacturerrsquo;s maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations.
- Document maintenance discrepancies and take necessary actions to correct the items.
- Immediately notify the Lead Maintenance Technician of any problem areas such as parts, materials, workmanship, or airworthiness issues.
- Provide the Lead Maintenance Technician with a detailed report of work progression and open items to be included in the shift turnover log.
- Proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts, and panels appropriately stored including racks by aircraft.
- Maintain work areas, buildings, and equipment which are utilized for aircraft maintenance in a safe, clean, and operative condition.
- Have sufficient hand tools to perform maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Lead Mechanic.
- The Aircraft Mechanic, certified, may delegate any duties to any qualified assistant; however, such delegation does not relieve the Aircraft Mechanic of overall responsibility.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including, nights, holidays, weekends and days off.
- Available to travel up to 25.
- Phenom, Praetor, Legacy experience required
- Experience of direct involvement with FAR 135 and/or 145 policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe
- Able to understand and interpret aircraft technical data
- Excellent communication in English, oral and written
- Able to successfully work with others as part of a team in order to achieve established goals
- Available to travel, foreign and domestic, as needed
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Valid Driverrsquo;s License
- Valid Passport
- Ability to be willing to work on elevated platforms (up to 40 ft in the air) using fall protection safety gear
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repairs
- Ability to lift 70lbs or more
- Ability to operate basic hand tools and ground equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to learn and use technical manuals
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems effectively
- Problem solver by effectively reading and interpreting maintenance, wiring and illustrated parts manuals
- Ability to communicate both in writing and orally with co-workers, customers and Jet East leadership
- Must be able to perform repairs effectively and quickly in short notice, high-pressure situations
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computers
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft products especially Outlook, Word, and Excel spreadsheets
- Able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, to perform repairs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Lists above includes the main items for this job position to be successful, but not limited too other things that might come about in time. The person applying for this position must understand that the objectives, responsibilities, and requirements could change for better success for the company and the person. Jet East is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.