Experimental Avionics and Electrical Specialist
Job Summary:A Research Development (RD) AE specialist is responsible for the installation, operation, troubleshooting, repair and modification of the aircrafts avionics and electrical systems. They perform operations in accordance with planning documents, process specifications, and engineering drawings. An AE will be able to conduct software loads and utilize test equipment and aircraft system diagnostics to verify proper operation of aircraft displays, instruments, communication, navigation and autopilot systems. A successful specialist will have the ability to independently troubleshoot complex system faults and have a thorough knowledge in the use of aircraft manuals, drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics. They will be required to repair and or replace avionics components, wiring and connectors. Strong attention to detail required.Technicians will be required to use hand tools and to operate common powered, shop tools. Problem-solving and communication skills are highly valued as these technicians are a crucial part of new product development. Experimental team members will need to work effectively in groups and with other departments across the organization. Specialists will be required to build and repair surface mount and through hole circuitry. Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Take on projects head on and own them until completion.
- Be willing to learn and take on new tasks to strengthen the teams overall abilities.
- Particular skillsets employed include: wire harness fabrication, construction of electrical system test units, and troubleshooting electrical circuits.
- Time management
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct assembly and installation experience of wiring components
- Direct experience working on aircraft
- Electrical and mechanical work history
- Electrical troubleshooting experience
- Personal project experience working on automobiles or equipment and/or wiring projects using small hand tools.
- IPC-620 or IPC-610 certification preferred
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Self-Development: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match shifting demands of different situations.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted ldquo;Best Townrdquo; by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named ldquo;Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northlandrdquo; and ldquo;Best Workplace Culturerdquo; by the Duluth News Tribune readers.Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.