Field Service Representative, White Plains, New York
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, wersquo;ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Assume the role of the Bombardier Business Aircraft ambassador focal in all facets of the aircraft operation with the Customer. Take on ownership of issues or potential issues and ensure the resolution reached is to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Provide support to customers solving complex aircraft technical issues.
- Advising customers on best practices on operating and maintaining Bombardier Business Aircraft.
- Interact with and provide support to all levels of the Customers organization and preferred service facility, including but not limited to Owners, CEO/COOrsquo;s, VPs, Directors, Aviation advisors, Crew, PArsquo;s, and various levels of related operational staff.
- Promote Bombardierrsquo;s customer centered culture to the Customer emphasizing adherence to the Customer Credo.
- Provide assistance and liaison services to completion centers and service facilities to ensure Bombardierrsquo;s interests are represented during the check-in of a newly delivered aircraft, during outfitting, modification, maintenance and redelivery to the customer.
- Assist customers and Bombardier in the determination and processing of warranty claims on green aircraft, completion and vendor warrantable issues as applicable.
- Provide informal on-site training as necessary to customers, related service organizations, completion centers to promote the highest level of safety and efficiency in maintenance and operational practices.
- Provide factual, concise, and value-added reports to both the Customer and Bombardier internal departments on an as required basis.
- Be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist any and all customer issues as required.
- Set priorities and effectively escalate concerns within the Customers organization and within Bombardier.
- Provide Bombardier Senior Management with timely updates on the Customers key operational and maintenance concerns and issues, as well as potential solutions for same.
- Keep current on all technical aspects of aircraft supported including available modifications, manual revisions, service bulletins, and best operational practices.
- Assist customers in preparation for delivery of new aircraft incl.; Survey customerrsquo;s / operators facilities recommend and promote the sale of spare parts and tooling and support equipment, complete a Training Needs Analysis and provide guidance on Bombardier OEM and Vendor training opportunities.
- Travel may be required 20-30 percent of the time within the assigned region.
- Short notice travel may be required 5 percent of the time.
- Based in White Plains, New York
As our ideal candidate,
- You have graduated from an aircraft maintenance technical school or have equivalent military experience.
- You understand and have the ability to solve complex integrated aircraft technical issues.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in maintaining business aircraft.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken) at all levels, with tact and diplomacy; multi language skills are an asset.
- You are a strong individual contributor, working well in a team-based dynamic and global environment.
- You have strong computer skills and are able to adapt to and operate in the software environment in use at the operator.
- As a remote member of a virtual, global team you must possess general management skills such as time management, goal setting, and organization and performance management.
- You must have excellent people skills such as active listening and conflict management, as well as meeting facilitation and the ability to coordinate and schedule.
- You must be a customer centric individual and focused on continuous improvement and opportunities.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Access a summary of our Bombardier benefits for US employees here
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.