F/T Aircraft Avionics Electrical Technician
Worldwide Jet is a Part 135 charter operator operating Global Express, GIV, CL601, Hawker 800XP and LR60. We are a WYVERN Wingman, ARGUS Platinum, IS-BAO Stage III, and ACSF operator with worldwide authorizations and global operational experience. Worldwide jet Charter leads the industry in the delivery of private air transportation services. We embrace the highest possible standards when it comes to safety and security. We are known throughout the world for our standards of service to our clients, operational excellence and business ethics.Seeking Global Express, GIV, CL601, Hawker 800XP and LR60 A P Avionics / Electrical Technicians for a Part 135 Operation, must live near or be willing to relocate to Van Nuys, CAKey Business Accountabilities:
- This job requires a strong level of knowledge in aircraft avionics and instrument systems. This includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, inspection of aircraft or systems and general avionics installation. Job duties will vary each day and will encompass projects as designated by the Lead or Manager and Technicians must be able to work independently.
- Avionics Technician will be performing installations, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical wiring and avionics equipment on aircrafts.
- Avionics Technicians will need to read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Troubleshoot avionics system on board aircraft and make necessary repairs.
- Establish and keep current all maintenance procedures as required by FAR and by internal policies
- Upload and download aircraft databases
- High level of customer service, working with all levels of leadership, employees, and customers as required
- Perform aircraft servicing
- Supervise outside services
- Work closely with MX Control and MX Supervisor to analyze and correct malfunctions
- Adapt to a flexible schedule which does include weekends, holidays. Willingness to work flexible scheduling of workdays and hours. Meet aircraft for arrival and departures including late-night arrivals. Conduct post-flight and pre-flight inspections on arrivals. Travel with the aircraft if required.
- Follow all Aviation Department maintenance policies and procedures
- Follow all WWJ policies and procedures for ground operations.
- Perform other duties assigned by Management
- Excellent ability to utilize sound judgment
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant licenses
- Minimum of 7 years A P, Electrical or Avionics experience as appropriate.
- Aircraft Mechanical or Electrical training
- Strong safety background
- A P License is required
- Avionics Certificate a plus
- Minimum of 7 years electrical or avionics experience as appropriate
- Must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Credit check
- DMV check with valid driverrsquo;s license
- Employment verification
- Medical insurance 100% Employer-sponsored premium for Employee on select medical plan.
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Dismemberment insurance 100% Employer-sponsored premium for Employeersquo;s for $50K and the option to add additional life and AD D up to $500k or five times your basic annual earnings.
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA)
- Monthly Phone Allowance
Disclaimer: The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the candidate.