Intern- LSC Aviation Maintenance Technology Students SR or SF Flight Line
Cirrus Aircrafts Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jettrade;, the worlds first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute Systemreg; (CAPSreg;) ndash; the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed 15 million hours and over 250 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPSreg; as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at www.cirrusaircraft.com. Job Description: This is a part-time internship (20 hours per week) located in our SR or SF Flight Line. This internship will provide you hands-on experience and exposure to the general aviation flight line environment where we inspect, repair, and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness. It will aid your learning experiences and enhance your aviation knowledge as an Aviation Maintenance Technology student. You will play an integral role in creating and constructing the worlds bestselling general aviation aircraft.Schedule Options:
- Monday through Thursday, 10am-3:30pm
- Ability to use and recognize the necessary tools needed to perform required work.
- Repairs, replaces, and inspects aircraft structures and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing, and hydraulic fuel systems.
- Examines engines and propeller systems for normal operation and make adjustments as required.
- Tests engine operation to locate source of malfunction.
- Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components such as alternators, magnetos, propellers, ignition systems, fuel systems, etc.
- Must possess necessary skills to remove engine from aircraft if needed.
- Inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts, reassembles and installs.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including changing crankcase, oil filter, cleaning screens, lubricating moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Able to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, production illustrations and other specifications to determine the identity, location and relationship of aircraft parts.
- Must be able to fill out work instructions properly, able to understand the planning flow and be able to adjust and explain the planning procedures.
- Must be able to understand all process specifications and pertinent reference information.
- Must be proficient in completing forms necessary to generate work and changes to work orders, pick lists, drawings, and other related documents.
- Attention to detail required. Must be able to work as part of a team. Ensures that all assigned work areas are kept clean, orderly, and presentable at all times.
- Applies the 6S principle (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, and Safety). Wears proper protective equipment during appropriate job functions.
- Complies with all paperwork, such as work instructions, that govern job duties. May be assigned to different work areas as production needs require.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Lead, Department Supervisor, Line Manager, or appropriate designee.
- Current Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) student attending Lake Superior College in Duluth, Minnesota.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen background check.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted ldquo;Best Townrdquo; by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named ldquo;Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northlandrdquo; and ldquo;Best Workplace Culturerdquo; by the Duluth News Tribune readers.Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.