Aircraft Assembler - Orange City, Iowa 19954
Job Duties and Responsibilities: SummaryWorks according to takt time on a moving line or bench, performing finish assembly processes to mass-produce commercial aircraft composite products.Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Duties Assemble parts according to job travelers and provided sketch sheets.Performs bonding processes using adhesives, small hand tools, and assembly jigs. Requires light sanding and abrading of composite, plastic, and some metal components.Hand wraps insulation blankets, using utility knives, foam insulation, and insulation tape.May perform some light riveting using rivet squeezes and pop rivet guns.Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 1+ years of aircraft structural assembly.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Fine hand motor skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to follow demonstrated steps.
- Understands simple instructions, short correspondence.
- Basic understanding of process specifications.
- Ability to comprehend information and ideas presented orally and written to supervisor or co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Capable of operating forklift, dolly, and pallet jack
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.