Aircraft Engine Mechanic - Mobile, AL
Job Location: Mobile, AL Our client is a global leader in General Aviation with significant operations on three continents, a global supply chain, highly experienced teams, and outstanding MRO capabilities. Currently recruiting for an Aircraft Engine Mechanic to join the team in Mobile, AL Perform general maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspection, repair, or alteration of aircraft, or any part thereof, in compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturer's instructions, and then approve for return to service. Services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness by performing the following duties. No supervisory duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units.
- Read and interpret manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Examine engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks, and listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burned valves.
- Inspect turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Test engine operation to locate the source of malfunction.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged components such as carburetors, alternators, and magnetos.
- Remove engine from aircraft and disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repair or replace defective engine parts and reassembles and installs the engine in aircraft.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical wiring systems and aircraft accessories.
- Perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, alteration, or repair of aircraft Provide information and work order updates as required.
- Update squawk lists and submit requests for parts orders.
- Provide data for labor standards and business metrics as required.
- Clean engine components as needed.
- Sign regulatory paperwork and work order paperwork as needed.
- Complete quality checks and related documentation per company procedure.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements, OSHA, and environmental policies.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research manufacturer's specific technical instructions and bulletins and FAA regulatory directives and complete aircraft maintenance records.
- Perform annual inspections of aircraft.
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords: Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, rotary, helicopter, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, stores, flight attendant, operations, Qatar, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A P mechanic, airframe mechanic, Cessna 441, Cessna Conquest II, Cessna 414, Cessna Chancellor, Cessna 404, Cessna Titan, Cessna 402, CessnaTitan, Cessna 210, Cessna 172, Cessna 172RG, Cessna 152