Aircraft Maintenance Technician Signing Bonus
- Perform aircraft maintenance transit inspections and fault resolution.
- Accomplish aircraft system testing and trouble shooting procedures.
- Accomplish removal and replacement of defective parts to include final operational checks.
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft.
- Support all company policies and safety programs.
- Performing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Candidate must be reliable and dependable
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) are responsible for performing high quality aircraft maintenance on various types of transport category aircraft. AMTrsquo;s must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license. Experience on common transport category aircraft such as B-777, B-747,B-737, B-767and/or Airbus 319/320/321 definitely a plus but all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC, an Akima Company, is headquartered at Anchorage Intrsquo;l Airport in Alaska, the preeminent International Cargo crossroad for Transpacific Freighter activity. Pegasus serves the global aviation industry Domestic and International Passenger and Freighter Airlines and has an established reputation for quality aviation services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our companyrsquo;s profits go back to our 15,000 Intilde;upiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or PowerPlant rating.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid driverrsquo;s license
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints
- Self-motivated, team player
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
- Positions available for technicians of various experience and skill levels.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
- Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language. Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The AMT position is a technical service position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It generally functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
- Must be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 30-50 lb components unassisted, have 20/20 corrected vision, able to hear verbal communications clearly and be willing to wear all required safety equipment.
- (Personal ProtectiveEquipmentndash; PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- The AMT is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required.
- Must be able to work from lift platforms as high as 100 feet. Use of ladders is common with heights up to 8 feet.
- Use of stair platforms as high as 30 feet is also common.
- Operation of vehicles and airport related heavy equipment is required.
Fair Labor Standards: Act Status: Nonexempt or hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website. Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application. In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.